Saturday, January 28, 2012

WEEKEND FUN WITH GRAM & PAPA...

So my parents come up once a month to visit my Grandma and Grandpa Hansen.  We LOVE it because this means that we get to see them too:)  Any chance we get to be with them is well worth it.  I must admit I am a mommas girl.  I talk to her most everyday and sometimes up to 4 times (or more) in a day. So they came to Prestons Jr. Jazz basketball game this morning.  Preston was so excited that he even woke me up at 6:15am wondering if it was time to get ready.  His game wasn't until 9:30am so let's just say it was a very long morning...  






Preston was very happy to have some cheerleaders there for his game!


Alissa and Tyler were so sweet to get up out of the warm bed and come cheer him on.  He was very happy that they were coming!


Grandmas giving Preston a thumbs up!  



and Papa is giving him some skin...


So I want to take a minute and talk about this guy!
You see he is pretty special because he is the worlds best step dad. I really don't like to even say that.  Lets just say he is another special dad in my life. He is so much FUN!    He is about to have a birthday this week and I hope it is as special as he is.  He is selfless, gentle, tender, quick humored, strong, faithful, and loves the Lord and his family.  I don't think it gets better than that? 


He is also the worlds best Papa!  Our kids light up when they see him.


To top off the night we enjoyed going out to Red Lobster with Great Grandma and Grandpa Hansen and Grandma Joy and Papa.  When we were getting ready to move from Oklahoma to Salt Lake we had just missed the traditional "Fish Dinner" that my grandparents have every Christmas.  They told us that because we missed it they wanted to make it up to us by taking us out.  What a treat. Sydney missed out because she was babysitting down the street.  She was very excited to come home with $20 bucks! Morgan was helping her but left early because she wasn't going to miss out on this dinner.  Morgan was so HAPPY!  She loves shrimp...  She got the ultimate feast and said " I am getting the Ultimate feast because this is an ULTIMATE ocassion".  We all cracked up.  
What a weekend full of FUN this was!




2 comments:

The Bass Family Pond said...

It's so neat that you are documenting all of this, it will become such a great memory book for you, I know that's what you eventually want to do.Preston looks like a natural pro. ")
The gymnastics pics are awesome too difinetly great memories Just knowing where you're at and who you're with makes it all so Sweet ")Great Fun!!!

Randall Bunch said...

Oh I am so sure that your kids are in love with the fact that they get to see grandma and grandpa now! Looks like everyone had a great time! I was so laughing at the fact that sydney wanted to make money instead of go to dinner! She cracks me up!