Friday, January 6, 2012

Our last good byes to our friends in Oakie:(


Lunch out with my partying buddies.  Anna Mae Gibson was my grandma away from home and I loved her so much.  She moved out of our ward and it was never the same once she left:(  We loved being able to go see her as she was only about 25 minutes away.  


I had to get a shot of this house so that I could remember good old Oakie Land!


Preston just loved bringing the boxes out to the garage.  He seriously did most of the house.  He thought this was pretty cool.


Bryn and Sofie had a different idea of fun:)



Christmas with our friends.  Look at the nice wrapping job...


one bag


two bags...  look at good old Maxie being such a good sport.



A warm blanket made by all the Wilson's.  We were so proud of ourselves.


Love these boys!


Now for Rosies gift wrap. A good old pillow case!


I love this Lady!!!



We gave her a bracelet so that she can always remember even though we are moving far away she will always be close to our hearts.


Rose and Max got us all Eskimo JoeT- Shirts that are made in Oklahoma!


Preston loves loves loves his Grandma Rosie!  He will miss her...


Got to go on a day outing with my friend Juli and Rose.  Juli had been wanting to take me around to some of the culture sights in Tulsa.  It was a very nice and relaxing out as moving can get pretty stressful.  We drove around more than walked and I was so happy:)



We enjoyed the Festival of Trees.  Sofie was so excited for her craft box and then we accidentally left it in the gift shop and she was very very sad!


Hal and Barbara brought over a mug with personalized photos for the piano students.  We will miss Hal and Barbara very much.  They will always have a special place in our hearts.



Taking a few photos in our shirts...  Does Shan look cold?  


Our last Sunday and the Shullers came to church. Shan and I were Visiting Teacher and Home Teacher to this family and we loved them so much.  They have not been coming but came out for our last Sunday.  What a treat!!!


Sister Squire is one of my favorites.  She quitely serves, endures many trials quitely, and loves her Father in Heaven and it shows in everything she does!!!  I will miss this lady...


I will forever be grateful for these two sisters and friends.  We served together in the Relief Society Presidency.  When we first moved to Grove I was called very quickly to serve as the Relief Society President.  I was very scared about this for many reasons but mostly because I knew nobody.  I truly had to pray hard and rely on the whisperings of the spirit to know who the Lord would want me to call as my counselors.  It was a very special experience.  I grew so much from these sweet ladies.  I will be forever thankful for them.


Sofie just loves her Big Mac and so do all the Wilson's.  Look at his smile!!!
Get's me all the time. 
 I hope he knows how much momma #2 loves him and will miss him so much!


Morgan LOVED choir and loved her teacher Mr. Davis.  He cried when he heard the news that she was moving.  She had her last Choir performance on our last Sunday.  She did a beautiful job.  It was in Oklahoma that Morgan found her voice and we will always have memories of her singing in the car, shower, kitchen, and it was almost all the time.  It is always fun to listen to her sing!  She also took voice lessons from Hal Heath and we are thankful for all the TIME he spent encouraging her and giving her the confidence she needed.


I can't look at this photo without tears:(  This was our last photo with our adopted family.  Rose was truly  my BLESSING.  I know that Father in Heaven sent me to her because he knew that we "had" a friendship that would be more than words can ever explain.  She was there to help with my kids so that Shan and I could go on date nights, to the Temple, and to have time together. Our kids loved when Rosie and Maxie would come have sleep overs!
  My calling in our church was one that required my time and sometimes my focus and Rosie always came to my rescue right when I needed it.  She is not just my friend she is my SISTER.  


This little dog is a T-Cup and is so cute and little.  He was named after Preston and so we had to have our last play day.  He belongs to our sweet friends the Bullens.  Vikki became our friend while she was in the hospital fighting an infection.  She was a member of the church but not active at the time.  Shan became her home teacher.  ( In our church the men look over different families if they are in need of anything. They check in on them once a month.)  We would go visit and had an instant friendship with her and her husband Don.  She became active in the church again and her husband just announced that he would like to be baptised and become a member of our church!  We are so thankful to know such a sweet couple!


Sofie was fighting over her new friend Preston:)


Oh how I love these two ladies!!!  We became friends when they invited me to help with Cheer.  They were the cheer coaches for Sydneys 5th grade cheer squad.  They asked Syd to ask if I wanted to help them.  I laughed when she told me because I was never a cheerleader.  I was the high school mascot and so I was sharing cheers with Syd and she was sharing them at practice. To be honest I was really nervous.  But Jill and Sandy were so nice and made me instantly feel comfortable.  They both have a gift of making others feel so good. Especially the girls on the cheer squad.  They were not just a Blessing to me but also to our Sydney.  We went to lunch right before we were to leave and Jill had surprised me with a scrapbook of ALL the memories we had shared in such a short period of time. It was so FUN! Our kids are all the same ages and got along so good.  Her son and Bryn had the cutest little crush on one another.  Yes- they are only 8 but it really was too cute.  Thank you Jill and Sandy for being there at the right time.  I was seeking for friends and then I met both of YOU!









Took time out on Monday night to continue our family tradition to go caroling around our neighborhood.  Greg and Tammy Crawford are so special to us.  She knew we would be coming over and so she greeted us with hot chocolate and warm hats, scarfs, and a Christmas vest for me:)  They even let us sport around in their golf cart.  It was so much FUN.  It is always so special to see how music can touch the hearts of people.  Many tears were shed tonight as we had to say goodbye to this neighborhood that has been so amazing.  So many who looked after our kids and would do anything for us!  Thank you neighbors for your influence in our lives...


Truly feel so loved.  Look at these gifts of LOVE.  My friend Alisa made us two scrapbooks full of great memories. Katie Lester gave us a HUGE care package that was a HUGE life saver because I had no time at all to even think about the 20 hour road trip with 5 rug rats:)  They were filled with snacks, things to do and even all the little extras that only a mom would think of.  Thank you friends for ALL the LOVE and SUPPORT!!!


My final walk outside before driving away.  Many tears were shed.  Tears of grattitude for this JOURNEY that 19 months earlier I was told to get ready for.  Who would have thought that this is where we would be now.  I am so thankful for prayer and that we can be guided and directed individually as well as a couple with decisions.  We have been blessed as we have never tried to do it alone.  Knowing that we can feel the influence of a loving Father in Heaven is such a Blessing and it sure makes things that much easier.  This really was one of our hardest decisions!


I went and got the kids from school and then we were going to hit the road.  They were so READY.  it is hard on kids with moving.  So many emotions!  Bryns class was so cute with her!


Preston and his women... Ladies man for sure!


I love this picture!!!  He will be missed...



Sweet Pictures of Syd and her friends.  She will have the hardest time because she had developed some special friendships in Oakie Land!


Her and Katie Sargant


Her and Callie Sorrels


Her and Kalie Hacker


Love this picture because Chat was "once" my future son in law and so we had to snag him from class for this picture.  Sure think this kid is pretty awesome!!!


Syd loved Mrs. Amos and so we had to go get one last hug from her.


Look who we found sneaking in the back door... The Adams Family!!!


Love these faces!!!


Sofie went in for the kill making one last move on Hyrum!!!  Oh My...


Alisa- my Sister my Friend I will miss our walks, our talks, and our heart to hearts:)






Margie Hayes we will miss YOU.  Your influence in the lives of our kids was PRICELESS and very much appreciated.  This lady greeted our kids every morning as their bus driver.  She made them always feel like a million bucks!  She had nick names for each one of them and LOVED them as if they were her own.

Our last stop was to dads work.  These ladies sent him off with so much LOVE.  We had travel games, hand made hand warmers that were so so cute, and so many other gifts.  We took them a basket of treats letting them know what a TREAT it was to know them!!! Thank you for being so good to Shan.  This company was truly focused on families and were amazing.  So lucky to have our lives cross paths with so many great people!

2 comments:

The Bass Family Pond said...

My Dear Friend, What a Blessing you are to Me! The Tears just flowed as I went through this post and I am sure that I am not the only one with tears, everyone on this blog was touched by you and your family and you are sorely missed by all. I will be forever grateful that Heavenly Father sent you to me Just like you said ")I Miss You So...Love You Bunches!!!

Adams said...

You forgot to mention that when you passed by the graffiti/Fairland man's house you were yelling cat calls at the man.....ok, maybe that was me......