Thursday, January 12, 2012

Christmas 2011


Sofie was so excited! She was dressed and ready to go to St.George the minute she woke up.  She is so good with curling irons, hair ties, and anything that has to do with hair.  Our future hair stylist...


It was so fun to "surprise" Grandma Wilson.  She was at work when I called Grandpa and told him that were going to be stopping in.  He told me that Grandma was still at work but that she might get off early and that he would let me know as I got closer to Cedar City.  They live about an hour before St. George and so we were really hoping it would work so we could give her a fun surprise.  It has been over a year since we saw them and we could hardly wait!!!




Well our plan worked and we even got it on video.  It was so sweet to see Grandma and her emotions as she just cried and cried.  It is truly such a blessing to be home with our families...

 I love the feelings I get as I pull into the drive way of my HOME.  I feel so HAPPY.  I feel so EXCITED to see all who are inside.  I love the SMELL of my moms cooking and to see the DECORATIONS and to be surrounded in the COMFORTS of my childhood years.
                 I just love MY FAMILY! 
Brynlee and her Cousin Korbin.  I think they have a look of eachother.  They are both 8 years old.  It is so fun to watch these kids grow up.  They were both baptised this year along with their cousin Tayson who you will see in later posts.  Their family came after Christmas.


Preston is so HAPPY to be with all his BUDDIES...  Reggie babe and Kayler


This is Aspen my neice and she just had a baby boy.  Little Tucker. I must say she is an AMAZING first time momma.  Why is that you may ask?  Well, we all know that alot of times we are uptight to do everything just perfect and by the book with our firsts.  I know I was.  I had a schedule and followed it to the T.  She is so relaxed and just seems so easy going.  I love it!!!  I keep telling her she needs to have a dozen if she is going to be this good!

These next two photos are of Uncle Troy and Brynlee and Morgan and Scotlyn. 
 So FUN to be with Aunts- Uncles- and Cousins!





 Tylee and Syd taking pictures of themselves:)  Look at how FUN they have.  These silly girls are too cute.  They are all growing up.  Sydney felt so short as they have all gotten so TALL.  


Our friends the Stewarts stopped by for a visit.  They were in our ward when we lived in Arizona.  When we met we found out that they had family in St. George and so even though we have both moved around alot over the past few years we have been fortunate to be able to see one another when it works that we are home at the same time.  So thankful for lasting friendships!


Sofie was so excited for her "New Friend".  (Emily)


So I have to say I sure love my brother Tad Bear.  He is my baby brother and we have always been close.  I think we slept in the same room til I was 16.  So he is quite the husband.  Here he is in the kitchen with all the girls helping them learn to make carmel.  My sister in law Jaclyn makes the very BEST carmel and so we took lessons. Well, my kids did:)


The dish butterers...  (Is that a word)???





Don't they just make you SMILE...  These two were fighting, laughing, and cracking us up!!!


The two master cooks in the kitchen.  Both Ty and Syd love to bake.  I think we are going to be blessed in a few more years:)


Syd and Jaclyn knew what was the BEST part of the candy making...  
The CHOCOLATE!!!


Grandmas driveway and circle is filled with bikes, scooters, balls and lot's of grandkids...


So fun to see my cousin T who I haven't seen in a few years.  Love her!!!




Christmas Eve morning we got to drive up to Enterprise to see our cousins Shyla and Trinity.  They are so Beautiful and growing up too quick!  





So thankful that we were able to see them.  They are so precious.  


We then went back down to St. George to have lunch at Great Grandma Wilson's and have Christmas with Uncle Jason's family and Grandma and Grandpa Wilson.


Jonah, Mckayla, and Cherish were so quiet.  My kids weren't sure if they even talked.  It took them some time to warm up.  It was so fun to see them.


Grandma Wilson gave the girls these snow hats.  Syd LOVES it! She named hers FOXY...


You can't leave Great Grandma Wilson's house without photos. She is so good about taking pictures and has captured so many awesome memories.  She truly has a love for geneology and for her family.  I am so thankful for her example.











Enjoying the afternoon outside!!! The weather was perfect...  
Look at these crazy cousins...


Speaking of CRAZY...  My husband is such a funny guy.  Look at his Christmas Eve outfit!!!


I love this man!!!  He makes me laugh, he makes me happy, and he is so positive most of the time. 
 He was the man of the hour.

Had to get this picture of my step brothers Zach and Jason loving on their sister Tiff.  It was so cute to see them all together like this.



Baby Tucker with daddy. Look at that sweet boy and his Christmas spirit.



The kids opened up their pajamas on Christmas Eve.




The night ended with Papa sitting the kids down for a sweet message about grattitude and the true meaning of Christmas.  Our Savior Jesus Christ and His birth.  It was very special.  Daddy had us read the Christmas story from the scriptures.  It was a perfect way to end the night.










Christmas morning was so relaxing.  Not alot of gifts to put together this year and so we just sat back and enjoyed.  The kids had a very simple Christmas this year.  It was so humbling to see them be so grateful and happy about their gifts.  





Baseball in the backyard was a real HIT!  thank you PaPa for buying all the gear so we could have all kinds of FUN.  It truly was such a BLAST!  The best part was watching Uncle Troy run the bases:)



Shan took Morgan and Scotlyn early one morning to do Baptisms for the dead.  What a fun memory for them.  "A White Christmas" in the Temple.  So Fun to be 12! (and 13)


Sofie got a late Christmas present form mom and dad.  The parts had to be mailed and so she was pretty EXCITED about her "New Car"...  Thank you to our friends in Oklahoma.  Jill and Santry Hacker had a business saleing these and so they were so nice to let us have one before we moved away.  We sure miss them!


a few days after Christmas we heard that my moms cousin was in the hospital.  We went for a visit and we sang to him.  There was a very special spirit in the room added with a few tears.  So thankful that we took time out to go and see him.  I love Ron Smith.  He always had an influence on me.  
Such a neat man!



a day at the park...



Grandma Joy bought these two matching outfits.  Addie and Sofie were best friends but had their moments.    









A day out to the bowling alley.  Aunt Shelly was pretty proud of her Turkey!!!  
She was the winner and went out in style:)

1 comment:

Adams said...

LOVE SHANNON'S PANTS!!!! Is this a Christmas tradition?!