Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Eternally grateful!!!


What a night.  I feel so humble as I look at all these people who have touched our lives.  I feel so loved as they surprised our family and came to our home for what we thought was dinner with the Bullens and FHE with the Bass family.  I started to figure that maybe there was something more going on as the day progressed and Bryn told me that Brigham is coming and then the girls piano teacher volunteered to bring our girls home. None the less, it still was a BIG surprise to see 55 or more people come in our home for (us).


Grandma Rose and Max planned a lesson.  The topic was missionary work and service.  It was so special as she put together our 2nd year of memories to a DVD movie.  We all watched and enjoyed it. Thank you Rose and Max for all the work on that.  We will treasure the memories and the lasting friendships. She then opened it up to anyone who wanted to express their feelings.  So many tender moments tonight.   Brigham and Preston were so sweet as the tears just streamed from their cheeks and at one point they even let out a big cry as they couldn't hold in their emotions.  It is always so special to see the little ones as they feel the spirit and can recognize those feelings and where they come from.  We closed the night with a hymn called "Each life that touches ours for good".  The words were so fitting.  My heart was full!


Oh how I love my Anna...  She is so dear to me and I will miss her.  She made this plaque for me and it says "Friends are like stars... You can't always see them, but you know they are there".  Oh how I will miss my Oklahoma friends!!! Anna is truly one of my hero's.  She truly knows what it means to serve.  How thankful I am to know her.


Our High Council man for our ward came with his wife and daughter all the way from Arkansas.  What a treat to see them walk through the doors.  I truly look up to him and his family.  A man who truly serves and all because he loves the Lord.


These two have such a special place in my heart and will never be forgotten.  I truly have been stregnthened just by knowing them.  Brother and Sister Bridges have been like grandparents to our kids and also like parents to both Shan and I.  They had a way of always making me feel so special.


To our Grove ward FAMILY, we will miss you.  We will cherish the memories we made.  
Thank you to Rose and Alisa for putting this together.  Such a special night.  After everyone left we visited with our kids before family prayer.  Morgan told us that she felt the spirit so strong and that she went in our room while everyone was still here and knelt down and thanked her Father in Heaven for all our ward family and the experiences we have had.  I love my kids.  I love that they can feel and recognize the feelings of the Holy ghost as it was here.  I felt it. 
 I am eternally grateful for my Oklahoma family.

2 comments:

The Bass Family Pond said...

This was so fun! I truly enjoyed watching you and your whole family experience the love that our ward family has for you, Why? Because Your's and Shannon's examples of service, obedience and love for every one you come to know is Christlike and was evident tonight, You will be sorely missed. Your teachings and obedience of the gospel, the missionary work, and the service are always there, that is why Morgan felt, recognized and acted upon the Holy Spirit, that comes from humble teachings from humble parents. It's why everyone that was there tonight wanted to feel your spirits one more time, it's because of your obedience and love of the gospel. Do I want to be like that? Yes! There is No Doubt that I will miss my friend, Do I want to be like her....Yeah,I want to be like her. I love you my Friend....

Adams said...

Thank you for sharing that about Morgan's experience. I sure do love her....

Ok, so I think it is funny about the timeline that you, Rose and I are on these blogs.....can you tell we all having trouble sleeping tonight?!