Monday, April 8, 2013

Our Baby is 5:(


Our Baby SOFIE is 5 and it is so crazy that there are no more babies following behind.  I am not sure I am liking this too much.  I have many days where I feel like I just don't want to let go of the baby stage but I also know that my heart tells me to sit back and enjoy this new chapter of life.  


for "Smurfs" birthday her sister Syd stayed up the night before and decorated the kitchen and made her this Hello Kitty Sugar Cookie.  Pretty impressive:)  It made my heart happy to see Syd so excited to make her sisters birthday special and to just step in and do this.  It really took that pressure off of me and I was so thankful for her help.  I love this photo because Sydney is coughing and Preston has his hands in his pants.  I thought about editing it but knew that there will be good laughs in years to come.



Sofie you bring so much happiness and laughter into our home.  I am so thankful for those whisperings of the spirit 6 years ago when I was cleaning up the girls bedroom and opening up their blinds and I felt you so strongly and the thoughts came into my mind "when are you going to let me come" and I knew we had a little girl up in heaven waiting to come to our family.  I called your daddy and asked him to pray about having another child and he said that he would.  The next day daddy expressed that he too had felt that there was another child wanting to come to our family.  I then shared the experience I had in the girls bedroom with him and we both had tears and knew that it was time.  I am so thankful for the promptings of the spirit and for that special experience that brought you to our family.

2 comments:

Adams said...

Hahahahaha! You are so cool to still put that picture up! Now that is real life! Sydney, “Cough, cough…um…mom…HELLO..PRESTON…” Sofie, “I have the BEST family!” Morgan thinking, “Just smile Morgan. You can do it. Just ignore the nasty boy behind you.” Prestson, “I’m the MAN!”

The Bass Family Pond said...

I truly love this story of how you knew Sofie was waiting to come down to be with you, how could you be without Sofie. And that first picture, glad you didn't edit it lol ") love you all, miss you tons.