Thursday, April 25, 2013

LUV my Teenager


So I wanted to share this so that I will remember this special little moment with my teenager girl.  Today Morgan came home from school and asked if her and I could have a date night and go see this group called "Vocal Point".  I expressed that it would be fun and before I knew it she was on the computer getting tickets. Well, later as I was tucking her in bed. (Yes- she still loves for me to tuck her in and she will "beg" until I do).  I truly LOVE that she does because there are so many sacrifices that she makes being the oldest child and this is the one thing that I can give and I never go away regretting it.  Why?  Because tonight as I tucked her in I learned two things. One- She was invited to go to this concert with her friends and instead she chose her momma, and Two- She told me what she learned from one of her teachers at school today who has a rebellious teenage daughter who kept her up until 1:30 in the morning because she was having trouble with the law.  Morgan said that she learned not to judge others when you have no idea what they might be going through.  It was just a sweet moment and I want to remember how much I LUV my Teenager!!!
Thanks Morgan for teaching me...

2 comments:

The Bass Family Pond said...

What a Sweet/Cute post...I love you both ") As for tucking in your Morgan still as a teenager, I Smiled at that cuz Max Loved me tucking him in, even just before his mission. Those are some Great Kids, Those who teach us a thing or two ")Oh! and Love the picture, I'm still smiling, just thinking about it...

Adams said...

Oh.....this makes me miss my sweet babysitter....