Monday, April 15, 2013

General Conference Apr.2013

 It is that time again...  
Every six months our church leaders speak to us all over the world through our televisions. It is called General Conference.  Members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints listen to speakers who speak about our Savior Jesus Christ, His Atonement and also other subjects such as Faith, repentance, and service.  It is always so encouraging. To know more you can check out www.lds.org. The sessions are on Saturday and Sunday. This year we had so many activities going on that we had to record it and then watch all of the sessions on Sunday.  



We started with a yummy pancake breakfast...


Morgan was excited to create a fun activity for the kids. 
 This helps them to keep their attention as it does require a lot for kids to sit and listen.  
Especially as we were trying to listen to two days worth all in one day.


This Conference store was a big hit! The kids got to earn pennies for each time they heard certain words such as Love, Family, Jesus Christ, Temple, Hope, etc... Then they could go shop at the store for treats and activities.  It was so much FUN! 
Thank you Morgan for your help...


Bryn got her arm stuck in her penny cup.  I was freaking out.  
I really thought we would be making a trip to the ER.  
Thank goodness daddy has muscles.
OUCH!


Sofie loves to pretend she is a little momma 
and we love to watch her.  
She cracks us up!


We had a sucker contest to see who could keep theirs the longest.  Preston was throwing a fit because he didn't like the rules.  He is so competitive and is at that stage where he hates to loose.  We didn't last long because we all thought the suckers were gross!


Daddy and Bryn were trying to catch M&M's...


Preston with his dad!!!
I love this picture:)

So thankful that we could gather together and be strengthened and encouraged.  
I always go away from General Conference with a desire to be a better mother, a better wife, and a better friend.  I want to be more like my Savior Jesus Christ.  I know He lives and that He loves us.  
I know that this life has a purpose and that it is up to me to do all I can 
so that I can live with Him and my family and friends forever.

1 comment:

The Bass Family Pond said...

Love the Conference store Idea! Where were you 20 years ago ")You've got a Great Family my Friend! I love learning from you ")