Tuesday, February 4, 2014

BLESSING


It is funny how blessings work through other people.  My friend Rosie, who is living in Oklahoma was told that she was going to need knee surgery.  She was very nervous about this.  She hasn't had to be in hospitals very often and her kids are living away from her. She doesn't have a lot of family or friend support as she just moved to a new area.  I was feeling strongly that I should look into going out to help her.  After checking flights and discussing it with Shannon I asked her if she would like me to come out and help her for a few days.  She was so thankful that I would want to do this.  
Well lets just say that this was more of a blessing for me than it was for her.  Because of summer, five kids, and my anxiety/depression, I needed HER!  It was so nice to help her and to watch her on her heavy meds as she was in and out of sleep.  We had some good laughs.  But the best part was being on her couch, watching movies, being together and "sleeping"! You don't realize how nice it is to get away from the every day mommy life once in awhile.
Rosie will always be my little BLESSING!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...


OH NO YOU DIDN'T....REALLY? YOU COULDN'T FIND A BETTER PICTURE ") I LOVE YOU AND WAS SO THANKFUL THAT MY SISTER BY HEART CAME TO BE WITH ME DURING A TIME OF NEED. I AM SO GLAD THAT YOU CAME, "WHEN YOU ARE IN THE SERVICE OF YOUR FELLOW MAN YOU ARE ONLY IN THE SERVICE OF YOUR GOD" NEVER HAVE I EVER MET ANYONE WHO SERVES AS YOU DO. AND BECAUSE OF YOUR FAITH AND SERVICE YOU FEEL PEACE EVEN IN TIMES OF STRUGGLE. I SURE DO LOVE YOU BUT, REALLY? THE PIC SIS, THE PIC ")

Adams said...

That is such a Bob face, Rose! I can totally see him saying, "Huh?"