Tuesday, October 30, 2012

FHE with the Adams Family...


We met the Adams for FHE (Family Home Evening) which we do as a family every Monday.  This week we met up with them so we could go find Elder Bass from Oklahoma, and decorate his door for Halloween.  We first went to eat and Preston gave Brigham a gift for his baptism that we couldn't be too.  Poor Preston was not feeling good and had a slight fever.  This is why his arms look amputated.



Boys will be Boys... 
oh Sofie is hiding in there:)


Morgan and Sydney just love these two...
Poor Dave had to put up with all the Estrogen. 


We pulled into the driveway of this home and were peeking in the windows to see if this is where 
Elder Bass was living?  These kids were so excited to act like spy's with their flashlights from their kids meals:)  So cute!!!


We were a little nervous because we thought the owners of the house might get upset that we were there...


The kids saw this and then we were sure we might get caught.


When we went downstairs we peeked in this window and my girls almost started to cry when they saw Elder Bass's blanket that they made him hanging from his bed. So cute!!!  We were so HAPPY!


UH OH... Leave it to David to check the door to see if it was open.  Sure enough he broke in and he went about the house to see if he could find any missionaries home:)  I followed with the camera.  My heart was so full.  I just wanted Max to jump out of his closet.  He is so close and yet so far away:(


Look at this kitchen. A few dirty dishes.  His momma won't be surprised:)  
Eggs left out so they can get some food poisoning.


This is where he sleeps at night...


His closet...


What?  Awesome!  A pool table?  Really?
Max loves to play games and I bet he is loving this:)


Thank you Alisa for thinking about this idea and including us.  I am so thankful for Alisa and her example of service.  She is such a dear friend!  By the way she has lost so much weight and looks absolutely AMAZING!!!  Keep it up girl!


Loved these Halloween Pumpkins:)


This seriously made me tear up!  Look at my boy.  Gosh we miss him and yet he is right here.  It is a really weird feeling to know he was so close.  We tried to stay as long as we could.


We even scheduled dinner appointments on their calendar. 
We thought that was pretty funny:)


OH KNOW!!!
We got caught! 
The owner of the home found us.  He was the sweetest man ever.  He is 79 years old. Him and his wife have lived in this home over 50 years and it was amazing.  They have 7 children and they come over once a month with their families for dinner.  Their yard is set up for grand kids.  


The finished product.  So cute Alisa.  



The kids had so much fun they didn't want to leave.
Preston asked if he could come over for a play day:)
Can't wait for the day we bump into Elder Bass!!!
So much FUN being spy's tonight...

Just a side note:  It is so neat to see how our lives cross paths with others. 14 years ago I passed this home every day on my way to and from work.  Little would I know that I would meet the Bass family, the Adams family, in Oklahoma of all places and be decorating the door to that house.  It really does just make me so thankful for these moments and these friendships.  I ask myself?  
What will come my way over the next 14???



Then after saying goodbye to the Adams Family we went over to decorate my friend Alissa's yard for her big 50th tomorrow!!! 




Look what Bubba found.  Him and Sofie said forget decorating, 
we are gonna cruise the neighborhood.
They were in heaven!


The kids were trying to hold up their hands to make 50 but it was a little difficult for some of them:)


Look who caught us!!!  
Brookie and her Hot little Boyfriend:)



We were dying at how tall Morgan is compared to Brooke.  It is crazy when you remember them both as little girls.  Time goes so fast. (My friend is 50)!!!


Look who we found in the bed:)


PAPA BEAR!!!
Love this family so much!

4 comments:

Adams said...

Ok, so the picture of David and I with Morgan and Sydney makes me laugh because of Sydney's face and below it you saying that they love us so much.....um, not so much! Ha! And then the picture of the kids in front of Max's window...did you notice the security sign next to it?! I'm not sure how good there security system is working. Ha!

And thank you for building me up so much. It is good to not only feel loved but be encouraged. I love you so much. I do.

The Bass Family Pond said...

I Love this Post...It made me laugh, smile and cry. Who would have thought that I would feel the Spirit in my Heart so Strong as I did tonight for Halloween. To know such friends and to think of them as family, that you are there, It calms my Heart and fills it with Joy. Please tell the kiddo's thank you for their great service that they gave to Elder Bass cuz, that service touched my Heart and made me Smile. What Great Missionaries you all are! Thank You ~ I love you all....

Tricia said...

that is the true spirit of Halloween...
THE HOLY GHOST:)

Adams said...

Ok, that is funny to me because today at our school Halloween Parade there was this kid that walked by in a white sheet with some large black circles on it. The guy next to me said, "Hey, the "HOLEY" Ghost!" We all thought it was so clever....until the boy acted insulted and said it was from charlie Brown! Hahahahahahaha!