Sunday, October 7, 2012


Daddy was not a good example for General Conference weekend.  I think he slept through most of the talks.  I can't remember the last time he was this tired.  Poor guy...


This weekend we were able to watch and listen to General Conference for our church.    (www.lds.org)
I always look forward to this.  I look back to my childhood and I remember those feelings of recognizing the spirit that I felt through word and song.  Now as a mother I have a real desire to make it fun for my kids.  Every six months as we listen to our Prophet and Apostles I try to be creative with activities to keep the kids still and listening.  This year I was slacking and expressed to my oldest daughter Morgan that I had not prepared anything.  So late Friday night she came in my room to show me what she had done.  She surprised me and had packets ready for each kid.  She had games to play.  I still get tears in my eyes about this.  I am so thankful for her desire to help me out, but also her desire to keep this family tradition going.  I know that she will pass this on to her kids and that makes my heart so HAPPY!





OK so I have to say that we did listen "most" the time but this really got us LAUGHING!!!



This was one of the games we played.  So every time we heard the speakers say these words...
Love, Scriptures, Jesus Christ, and Prayer then we got to eat the treat.  I got too sick and gave up. Preston ate the entire time.  Oh boy how could he do it???
I learned so much this weekend.  I am so thankful to be a "Mormon",  or should I say a member of The 
Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.  I know that Jesus Christ lives and loves us. I want to live my life following the Saviors example in serving my family and others.  I love that the Gospel of Jesus Christ 
gives me hope, feels me with peace, 
and a knowledge that I can be together forever with those I LOVE.  

2 comments:

Adams said...

Seriously, that is funny because during General Conference I looked over at David asleep and remembered that one post you had in Oklahoma where your kids took a picture of both you and Shannon asleep. Like I said then, I'm glad to know that we are not the only ones!
And that Morgan of yours....I don't know what to say anymore about her. You know how much I love that girl. You did right with her for sure!

The Bass Family Pond said...

One of the neatest things I love about you, is that you have taught your children and continue to teach them gospel principles in just about everything you do. Almost every day there are opportunities of learning and you always relate it to gospel living somehow. I sure love and miss you and your fun lovin' family. ")