Monday, October 10, 2011

Soccer mom




I decided to coach Preston in Soccer and it has been very fun and honestly exhausting at the same time. These kids are full of energy and their attention spans are very short.  Trying to keep them focused on the game and not the flowers, the grass, their parents, the game on the other field, their water bottles, etc... is almost impossible. They are ages 4-6.  We fly like airplanes most of the time just so they will stay in positions and get where they need to be. One little guy on our team picked up the ball with his hands and threw it as hard as he could right into the goal.  It was the funniest thing ever!  His parents were so busy with their small kids they missed it:(  They are all so cute and very loving and most of all they are having fun.  I must say I am so proud of Preston. He is the only 6 year old on the team and could take over the game if he wanted to. We talked about how he has to be a team player and once he scores a goal then he needs to pass the ball and help another kid on the team score. He really has done well with this and I am one happy soccer mom because of it.  I was pretty worried about him but he has truly surprised me. The season is still young so let's hope I don't jinks it:)

1 comment:

The Bass Family Pond said...

Great Fun...Fun to watch you and Preston. ") You're such a fun, great Mom ")Fun, Fun, Fun...