Monday, November 7, 2011

can you BELIEVE it? She is 12...


I have cried for days because my baby is 12.  


I picked her and some friends up from school on Friday and took them to Joplin for some fun at the mall.


We started with a scavenger hunt.  It was Morgan and her 2 friends against Syd and her 2 friends...


They had to go around the mall and follow clues and then take a picture.


When they got to this store they were told that they were not allowed to take photos. Soon after that the security guards met up with Sydney and her group and wanted to see their scavenger hunt list and warned them that they are not to be doing this in the mall:(  Atleast they got to have a little fun for awhile before getting in trouble.  


The girls then wanted to do this...  I can't even tell you what it is called.  Everyone did it except for me and Morgan.  We were too nervous.


Until they begged and begged.  I must admit I did pretty good.  I was doing some back flips and showing up all those girlies:)  It was still very scary and when I got done I was shaking.


Look at that sweet face.  She was not sure about this bouncy thing...


But...  SHE DID IT:)


Morgan has had a pretty tough time finding her place at school and with her friends.  I was so happy that she had Becca and Cheyenne .  What FUN they had.


I am also very thankful for these two girls and the friendship they have with one another.  Of course they have their moments but for the most part they truly depend on one another and love eachother.  I remind them often how blessed they are to have sisters...


Dear Morgan, 
You are truly beautiful inside and out.  Your dad and I often talk about you and the wonderful spirit that you carry with you everywhere you go.  In our home- at school- at church.  Your desires are always righteous,  Your heart cares for others so much, and You strive to do your best.  The thing I enjoy most about you right now is seeing you getting dolled up.  I never thought I would see the day that you would want to wear make-up because you never really cared.  If you could wear sweats or pajamas all day you would.  I also love listening to your voice as you sing, sing and sing.  It will be your gift as you share it with others.  
You graduated from Primary and begin Young Woman's.  Enjoy these years!  Have FUN. Listen to the wisdom of your leaders. I still treasure the things I learned from my young woman leaders.  They will be there at times when you may feel that no one else is. 
 My desire for you as your momma is to 
 "BELIEVE IN WHAT YOUR DOING AND BELIEVE IN WHO YOU ARE"!!! 

3 comments:

Jen Garbett said...

Happy Birthday Morgan!! What a fun Mom you have to take you and the girls to the MALL for your birthday =) You look so beautiful and grown up...hope your day was special =)

Adams said...

You've been listening to the cd!!!!! Have you looked up Beautiful Heartbreak by Hilary Weeks on youtube? It has your Nienie on it!
You are such a fun mom. I was telling Renee about how you make a big deal out of starting back to school and your themes and stuff and she was just amazed at all the time you put into teaching your children. We all look up to you, Tricia!

The Bass Family Pond said...

Awwwww...Happy Birthday Morgan You're so beautiful and Your Mom's right "Inside and Out" I Love you both MOST ")Sweet Blog My Friend!