Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Today I am THANKFUL

Today I am so thankful for a loving Heavenly Father who I can turn to when I need answers, guidance, direction, and comfort.  I am so thankful for my own personal Faith that carries me through difficult times, and even those times when all is good.  I know that he knows us "One by One" just like Hillary Weeks song on my sidebar. (the one of christ holding the child) If you have a minute please listen to it.  I cry every time.  It is a song that speaks to me right now. The last song "He carries you" also spoke to me today.  I loved when it said he knows the path even when your blind.  I know that right now I desire to be carried. I love music and the influence it has on me.  I love how it can change the mood in the car when the kids are bickering.  There have been times when all of a sudden it is quiet and tears are streaming down their sweet cheeks because of what they feel.  I believe that good music has always carried me in my deepest times of heartache.  I know my Savior lives and loves me.  I recently had a sweet experience while praying when I heard these word... "Fear not I am with thee".  What comfort we can recieve as we turn to Him.  I just wanted to remember these thoughts and feelings today and decided to share them with my family and friends:)

2 comments:

The Bass Family Pond said...

What a wonderful sweet post, A post that I agree with. Music is my way of calming and taking the time to listen to inspired words and the spirit especially at this time in my life and at this moment while driving to Colorado with breakdowns and stress, he does calm us and carries us. I love listening too...Great post My Friend ")

Marci said...

Thanks for sharing you heart. Once day we will look back and laugh at these times when we need "music therapy" to calm our souls. I'm so glad that we have been gifted as friends for life. So much of my early motherhood days have memories of you and Shannon included in them. Weather the storms, with beauty and strength. w/love, m