Saturday, August 27, 2011

We are fired up... GO Grove!


Me and Syd at our first cheer game.  


Syd with one of the football BOYS... Chat Hayes


These two are the reason that Syd gets to cheer this year. Margie is like a momma to my girls. Her son is Chat and is in the 5th grade with Syd and plays on the football team.  Margie is a teacher as well as the kids bus driver. She has taken our family under her wing since we moved here.  Her daughter, Morgan was a cheerleader and so she let Syd use her cheer outfit. This saved us quite a bit of expense.  Margie also coaches girls softball and asked our Morgan to be a manager and so Morgan has been helping with the softball team. Pictures to come later on that:)


Syd and Katie


I was asked to coach with these two awesome moms.  They have become wonderful friends. Sandy yought and Jill Hacker.  I was nervous because I am not a cheerleader, but I was a really good mascot!!! I learned some cheers from those good old high school years 20 years ago. Yes - it is my cass reunion in September and I can't go and I'm so sad about it...


SYDO really get's into it. She is having such a fun time. I love how involved they let these kids be at these young ages. Football is a big thing. They even make these boys weigh in before games.  Parents are going nuts and it is a little intense:)



Half Time dance to the song "Girls just wanna have fun"


Today was such a fun day. Thank you Margie for making all this possible.  As for Syd and I...
We are FIRED UP!

2 comments:

The Bass Family Pond said...

Love this post, Such great Memories you will have with Syd. She will remember this forever and the time you were able to spend with her, just you and her, to have these pics to go along with journaling. What Fun!

Amanda said...

Love love love!! How fun. You are such an awesome mom and an awesome lady! Such a great example for me :). And I love the Barbie post and CRACKED UP at Alisa's comment :). Missed not talking to you today at church!!