Monday, August 15, 2011

Back to School BASH


















As you can see from these photos we had a very happy night at our house as we celebrated back to school.  We talked about our attitudes.  Played a game with big pieces of yellow bubble gum.  Can you tell who's mouth was the fullest?  Every negative comment or feeling that was expressed over the night had to stuff their mouth with gum.  Shannon really did not like this game.  In fact he went to bed with a headache:)  Sometimes all the negative attitudes around us can truly make life hard to swallow. It is not fun to be miserable and sometimes I know I can get discouraged and get the self pity party going on and then I become a mess.  We talked about ways to change our attitudes. Expressing grattitude, building a closer relationship with our Father in Heaven through prayer and scriptures, and being kind to one another in our home and to others. We acted out the 7-ups to being a happier person. They were 
  1. wake up 
  2. dress up
 3. shut up
   4. stand up
  5. Look up
    6. Reach up
7. Lift up
These all had a spiritual thought and scripture that went with them.  I read the poem about frogs and gave Preston a small pillow pet frog and Sofie a frog apron and the older girls a necklace with a frog that says "hoppy". We then had fathers blessings as we prepare for a fabulous New year.  I am ready for the kids to be in school just so I can have a little bit of "me" time.  I have enjoyed our summer. It truly went fast. I just know that it is time for some routine again. Time for me to set goals and to focus on things of importance.   
Maybe even slip in a few naps and some chocolate:)

As you can see from these photos we laughed quite a bit tonight.  Oh how I love my children and only want the very best for them. As they are growing up and I see glimpses of the pre-teens happening. I am excited as well as nervous for what lies ahead with all the ladies in the house. But I am also sad as I miss the baby days!  We are ready for a fun year as Morgan is the Softball Manager and Syd doing cheer. Bryn is going to do gymnastics and Preston in soccer. The 3 older girls are also doing piano. Morgan is taking voice lessons and just recently sang a solo in sacrament meeting. She was so nervous.  She did such a beautiful job.  

For dinner we had Papas famous breakfast burritos.  I knew this was the perfect meal because it always makes my kids so happy:)  They must have been pretty good because Morgan said, "these are good. They are "ALMOST" like Papas."  

It will be busy and the calendar is already filling up quickly.  It is true when they say it gets busy as your kids get older.  I am just starting to see this happening. 
Get ready- get set- Gooooo... 

1 comment:

The Bass Family Pond said...

I Sure Do Love You and Your Sweet Family...It's Parents Like You Who Never Give Up On Their Kiddos, Who Always Has Teaching Moments,I'm so glad I Know You,Your Kiddos "WILL" Remember All You and Shannon Do To Teach Them and They WILL Appreciate It... Stand Strong Sister and You Will Be Blessed. I Know Iam In Just Knowing You ")