Monday, August 22, 2011

Barbies- barbies- barbies... and No more TV






So I just had to post this because my girls love their Barbies and they will play for hours. It is so much fun to walk in and see them all stop and burst into laughter as if they know they are getting bigger and that they might be a little emberassed.  I love seeing them play weddings, parties, and family get togethers with them. Of course there has to be a few kissing moments with them or it wouldn't be fun:)  Sofie has now joined in on this. It has caused a few squabbles with sharing.  I am kicking myself that I didn't take a picture of what the playroom looks like when barbies come out to play.  HOLY MOLY it is a sight to see!  This last week we stopped our cable and we have no access to any TV now.. We have talked about doing this for awhile and so have decided it is time to try it out. We sat the kids down for Family Night and talked about the idea. We were surprised that they were all very willing to give it a try.  I know this will be the hardest on me.  We will let you know how this goes...  I am already seeing how dependant I was on just the noise. It is awful quiet around here. Kids in school and Sofie girl singing in the background as I type.  Well it was quiet for a second...

2 comments:

Adams said...

I love the second to last picture! The two guys on the end look gay, the groom who has his eyes open while kissing the bride is reaching for his "bun in the oven", the bride with her eyes open saw the whole thing and just put two and two together is raising her hand to slap him and the poor girl in the end doesn't know what to think.......heeheeheehee...I was going to invite you to lunch but I am not sure you want to be around me after this comment!

The Bass Family Pond said...

Tooooo Funny, Cute, and A Great Story for your girls when they are adults to look back on....I know my girls have barbies in the attic that they talk about all the time, As for your choice in no T.V. I think it's great, kudos to you for wanting the quality time with family, Im sure it will bring a lot more togetherness for you all. Enjoy.... ")