Thursday, May 5, 2011

Love this Tradition... 13 years and counting!




 I love my momma! Thirteen years ago she was inspired to invite me and her daughter in laws to Women's Conference. It is at Brigham Young University in Provo Utah, once a year. Woman come from all over the world to listen and attend classes on many different subjects. You can choose from many different ones. They are all on Christ centered subjects that pertain to anything from the young to the old.   My mom created this a tradition that we all look forward to each year.  This year we missed our Sister in law Andrea as she was in the middle of teenagers and Proms.  My momma is very dear to me. She truly is a sweet lady who has always been an example to me. She has a special gift. It is one that I try to practice in my life as a mother. She truly listens to those promptings of the spirit. Growing up I knew my mom was a woman of Faith. She encouraged me to always pray and to read my scriptures. She knew what to say at just the right time.  I am so thankful for her influence in my life.


I love being with my Sister in laws. It is a time when we can open up and share our hearts with one another. I feel so much support around them. I never had a sister as a child but as my brothers got married I was blessed!  What a blessing they are to me and to my kids. 




 As you can tell from these pictures we share many laughs.  My momma and her swimsuit. She had to model it because we were all proud of her for finding a "GOOD DEAL". She is known to never check a price. Her motto is... "If you like it? Buy it"!  This was a very good find and we were all so proud of her.  Then Jaclyn was in the back seat and she was wearing these sun glasses.  I started laughing and she could not figure out why I was laughing at her.  I couldn't believe that she was serious. Did she not know they were broken? Well, she didn't until I told her.  The funny thing about this was her husband had recently told her that those glasses weren't his favorite.  So she was thinking I was also making fun of them.  It was one of those moments that you had to be there to find it as funny as we did.


 I was so thankful for the things that I learned this year. Usually I come away feeling guilty. This is my greatest weakness and one that I have been working very hard at over coming.  So this was a time for me to celebrate because for the first time in thirteen years I came away feeling guilt free, humble, and thankful for the Atonement of my Savior Jesus Christ.  I felt so thankful to be a "Mormon". To see all these woman come together to fill boxes and boxes full of hygiene kits and school supplies for all those who may be in need when tragedy strikes was incredible. The feeling was indescribable.


To top off my trip I got to celebrate my birthday with Krispy Kreme donuts and a dinner out with my Grandma and Grandpa who are so precious to me.  I love them dearly and miss them so deeply.  It is so hard to be away from all my loved ones.  I will always love this tradition and look forward to the day my daughters will get to share in this tradition that their Grandma Joy started.

4 comments:

Tricia said...

Tricia, You can see how much you love your Momma, Sisters and Grandparents, to see the joy in all of you, Your pics are precious. Thanks for sharing and for the example you set, for I look forward to making such memories with my daughters.")Wow, you have 3 generations here Fun...

Tricia said...

Hee Hee, Tricia did not say that Comment above, How'd that happen ") That came from Me!!! Hmmm.... lol

The Bass Family Pond said...

Ok I think I got it figured out, Dear Tricia was on my laptop the other day and signed in with her account and didn't sign out, I signed you out Missy. So, it's all her fault Hee Hee...Still love the blog with your fam!

Adams said...

You make me want to tag along!