Monday, May 16, 2011

What a fun TIME OUT


 In December I came across TIME OUT for women. I think it came through my e-mail. I thought how awesome it would be if it was going to be here in Oklahoma this year.  Sure enough it was coming to Oklahoma City. I was so excited. Last year I went in Utah with my friend Alissa and we had the best time. I love being able to go and listen to these inspired women.  This year I was able to go with my sweet friend Rosie. We were able to save some funds and stay at her friends home who lived only 15 minutes from the convention center so it worked out perfect. We ran into some sisters from our stake and also a couple of love birds from our ward:)



 Mary Ellen Edmunds has such a great sense of humor. She talked about how unique we all are and that we are much! We can do great things because we are real. (Once you are real you can't be ugly unless to those who may not understand) We are daughters of God. He knows our names and we are dear to Him.


Linda Eyre and Shawni Eyre Pothier are a mother and daughter who spoke about Holiness in motherhood. I loved them. I follow Shawnie's blog (71toes.blogspot.com) She focuses on the joy in the journey of motherhood. I was taught to "Love More" and enjoy the moments that will be hard in parenting. To make those moments Holy by being a little more gentle. A little more loving. ( I practiced this just this morning with my 3 year old:) 



This is Sister Mariama Kallon. She has a dvd telling her story and also has a message on you tube. It is worth it. She is from a war torn country in Sierra Leone. She saw many things as a young girl and witnessed her own sister getting her legs and arms chopped off. She didn't get her first pair of shoes until she was 15 years old. She was introduced to the Gospel of Jesus Christ and found hope in God and peace in the knowledge of Eternal Families.  She is a woman of great faith and encouraged us to be grateful for all that we have.  She was so powerful as she shared and quoted scriptures all in memorization and with such a power. Hillary Weeks another speaker was sharing with us that Mariama carries a HOT pepper to all the restaurants. Hillary tried it and she said that she still can't fill her tongue. So when Rose and I went to lunch at this Mexican restaurant for lunch Rose tried this salsa that was very very hot. I then said how funny it would be to take some back to our friend Mariama. So we did and she was so happy.



Hillary Weeks is filled with a voice of song and words. One minute she has you laughing and the next minute crying. She always teaches me but this time I learned that my children are only little for this short time and will be adults for eternity. So choose to be grateful and positive.

The messages were so inspiring. I came home wanting to stop worrying about my weaknesses and celebrate my failures. Yes that is correct. I am choosing to BECOME what I want to be. Believing that all things are possible with the help of a loving Father in Heaven.

1 comment:

The Bass Family Pond said...

My Dear Sweet Friend, I Loved the TIME OUT we got to spend together. These are great pics and a great memory. Choosing to Become is such a great thought, Listening to these wonderful,inspirational and spiritual women (not to mention hanging out with one) is such an uplift in my life right now. Now, Im going to my blog and write about this wonderful TIME OUT we had. Thank You for the gift of your Friendship I love you...