Tuesday, May 10, 2011


My heart is full when I look at this photo.  I always wanted to be a mother. I think I hid my dolls in my closet until I was 13. I always loved children and worried myself sick thinking I would never get married and be able to have children.  After a few years of marriage I miscarried a couple of times before having Morgan. That was a prayerful time for me. Now I look at this photo and I am so thankful for these precious kids of mine.  I truly feel so blessed.  I have been thinking quite a bit lately of my divine heritage.  I love when my Grandma or my mom share stories and I enjoy the memories I have of our family reunions. My heart swells for so many wonderful women who have influenced my life for good.  I feel that this is a bond between us as family.  I then reflect on my spiritual heritage as one of His daughters. Belonging to the largest organization in the world. The Relief Society. I am never alone as I know that I have sisters who would be at my side in a minutes time if I needed it. Also knowing who I am and what I can become because of my loving Father in Heaven gives me a confidence in my own mothering. I know that with Him I can help my children in this earthly life.  It is not easy to always be serving and giving of self. We all know that this is what is required in motherhood.  This quote was shared in our Relief Society lesson today and I loved it...  Go give to the needy sweet charity's bread- for giving is living the angel said. But must I keep giving again and again?  My selfish, thoughtless answer ran. "Oh, no," said the angel piercing me through, Just give 'til the master stops giving to you. How thankful I am for His perfect example of how I should be as a mother.  It is not always easy but I know in the end it will be worth it!





Shannon and the missionaries cooked the dinner. Elder Peneke made homemade pasta and alfredo and Elder Daniels sauted some mushrooms for the delicious steak that Shan marinated and grilled.  It was so yummy. To top it off Sydney made some brownies and we had them with some ice cream. I was so full!
[Image] My friend Sherry is a nurse and had to work on Mothers Day. Her kids were away on a band trip for school so she came over and celebrated with me. She brought me over some beautiful flowers. Thank you Sister Landrum:) 




 To top off the night we have a new missionary Elder Daniels from Sandy Utah. Of course he had to go to Heaven on the ironing board. After it was over he admitted that he had done this before. Shame on him!!!  What a wonderful day and before I forget I have to say I got the best gift from my hubby. I told him all I wanted was some peace and quiet in my room for some of the day. So he bought me some cordless headphones for the TV and so I put those babies on and watched a hallmark movie and didn't know what was going on outside my bedroom door. It truly was HEAVEN- (speaking of heaven:)



To all my family and friends who are female! 

Happy Mothers Day to each one of you... I LOVE YOU!

4 comments:

Grandma Carla said...

Love your post. Believe me...the time is precious and DOES fly by. I look at my 20 grandkids and can't believe it! Just yesterday, my kids your your kids' age. ENJOY each moment.

Adams said...

LOVE the inspiration in the first part of this blog entry. Thank you for sharing it!

The Bass Family Pond said...

Such a Beautiful Momma indeed, Inside and Out! I Love You, I'm proud to call you my friend & sister! You're such an Example to Me! Love your background, great and fun post

Carey said...

It is a precious gift to be cherished by your mother. Your children will rise up and call your name "blessed". Love to you Tricia:)