Saturday, May 28, 2011

What is most important to you?

    Today Shan and a group of men and youth from church gathered at 7:00 am in Joplin at the command post to receive direction in helping with the clean-up of the Tornado that hit this past Sunday. Shan was up at 5 am getting ready for this day. I just have such an appreciation for him. He works so hard for our little family. He came home last night as I was finishing up dinner and just dove in and started helping me finish cooking. He then took Sofie girl upstairs and read to her and put her to bed. He just does things without me asking. (Now don't get me wrong this isn't "always" how I feel, but "Mostly" how I feel).  I am so thankful for my little family especially as I see first hand the loss of so many and so quickly!  I truly desire to show more gratitude after this last week. I hope that I can hold on to what is most important. To me it is Eternal Life. Knowing I have a purpose while living this earthly life and knowing that I can live again with friends, family and most important my loving Father in Heaven who created me. I am thankful to witness the goodness of so many who are willing to give up furniture- homes- money- to the many who are in need at this time.  I have been most affected by a family who lost 2 of 3 small children and the wife is pregnant. The one who is alive is still in the hospital at this time. My heart holds a quiet prayer for this sweet family.  May we all be grateful for all we have and look for opportunities to serve.  No matter what the circumstances are.  Today I am reflecting on what is most important to me. With that I hope to LOVE MORE...

3 comments:

The Bass Family Pond said...

Thanks for sharing this, This past week truly has been a time to reflect on "what's important" in our lives, our Eternal Families. You are one of the Real ones, the ones who recognize the important things in life and act upon them, we learn and grow as we watch and listen to each other. Thanks For Teaching Me To Be Real and To Know What's Most Important...To Love More & Better ")Isn't it great to have those examples and the ones you love in our lives to learn and grow from. I Love You My Friend

Adams said...

Your post made me think of David. It is often heard from his lips, "It is what it is." Not to long ago I was really struggling and he said his usual but added, "Everything else is just fluff." I have often thought of that since then. How often do we get caught up in finances or heartaches when really, life is full of fluff that we can't take with us when we leave this earth. Sure do love you, Tricia.

Marci said...

Whew, Ivonne and I were worried about your family. Now we learn that your family is helping other families. Thanks for your blog. I read it, I miss you, and I'm grateful to see that there is hope in the little things. Please let us know how that family is doing. And Please let me know how you are holding up. We heart you mucho!! ~marci