Tuesday, September 9, 2014

2013… Tammy's celebration



I LOVE MY FAMILY HERITAGE


I have always loved my grandma Hansen's side of the family.  My grandma grew up with 5 sisters and 1 brother.  The sisters were very close. Always getting together for Education days and later on they began having sister parties in my grandparents Nephi home.  They were talented.  Singing, playing instruments, poetry, skits, and just plain out being their funny selves.
My Grandma Hansen is one of 3 sisters that are still living.  
Aunt Sara and Aunt Wilma and Grandma.
This picture is special to me for lot's of reasons. Because this is a few of my Aunt Jeanies daughters who lost their mom less than a year ago, and they sang at my wedding reception an have always been role models to me.  They live such Christ Centered lives and always have a hug and a smile. This was a special day because my moms cousin Tammy who is in the pink shirt has been battling breast cancer and was finally in remission. She wanted to come to Paragonah and celebrate by singing with her family. My Grandma Hansen was so excited about it and it worked out perfect because we were heading down to St.George that same weekend. So she came with us and then went home with my parents who were going up North in preparation for my moms knee surgery. My Aunt Wilma, in the wheelchair, has always had a sense of humor and you can tell as she is posing for this picture.   A side note now that we are in 2014. Tammy and her husband are now serving a mission in England.

No comments: