Monday, September 3, 2012

New school year off to a great start...



So last week school started and the three girls went with butterflies in their tummy.  I remember those days and as a mom I too have butterflies for them and I think about them all day long. I carry a prayer in my heart that they are feeling good about their new teacher and that they are making new friends and having fun catching up with those last year friends.  I knew that for Syd and Bryn they would not be catching up with those last year friends because again we had them in a new school.  Our kids have experienced change quite a bit over the last few years.  In so many ways I have no regrets.  I feel that it builds character and helps them in social settings but in other ways I want them to feel a sense of security and peace.  After much fasting and prayer we knew that changing schools was what we needed to do.  When I picked the kids up from school they were all SMILES:)  I was so happy for them.  It is so true what they say "your only as happy as your saddest child".  What a relief to see them so HAPPY.  I know we are off to a "good" start!  Morgan called and she was so excited because after meeting with the counselor she was able to change her schedule and she got exactly what she wanted and she got to have classes with one of her good good friends.  She couldn't stop talking about her day.  
It was so fun to have them all wanting to talk about their day and all at the same time and all very loud:)


Then there was this little guy who had to stay home the first day because 1st graders went for just a half hour for testing and then they started the next day.  Preston was so opposite of his sisters. No butterflies for him.  He was up and ready first thing that next morning.  I didn't even get his picture until he came home and poured himself some cereal:) It is so funny to see the difference in boys and girls.  So HAPPY we have this kid!  Just sad to see him growing up so fast!

As for me and Miss Sofie...


We are so HAPPY that summer has come to an END!!!



2 comments:

Adams said...

I thought of you when I saw this:

https://www.ksl.com/?sid=21947467&nid=999&title=photo-of-mothers-glee-at-back-to-school-goes-viral&s_cid=queue-17

It made me think of the picture you took a few years ago in Okie :)

The Bass Family Pond said...

This just makes me Smile and tear up at the same time "):( I miss you guys so much. Everyone looks so good. I love your last picture, So precious, So deserved ")