Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Positive Praise

Today was a very fun afternoon. This last week we started a positive praise bucket to go along with our consequence bucket.  We decided that we needed to focus on the good things that our kids are doing so this is a way for us to recognize when they are being, kind, helpful, and the big one...be willing to obey when it is asked the first time:) The kids have been so excited about this that they keep doing good things expecting to get the P-P Bucket (as we call it).  I have told them that I will only be looking for kids that are doing something and not expecting anything from it. So Bryn got to pick from the P-P bucket and was so excited when she read "go to lunch with mom".  I explained that she would have to be surprised and that I would choose a day that worked best for my schedule.  Well this morning she was the first one up and she was extra happy.  She reminded me what time she went to lunch and I told her I didn't know if I could do it today and she reassured me that she knew that and she wanted it to be a surprise. The funny thing was that I found this note taped to my mirror 
 so I think she was really hoping today was the day. What do you think?  So I knew I better do it. I was so glad I did when her teacher explained that she was asking her to call me and see if I was going to come take her to lunch. I am sure driving the teacher nuts:) She was so excited when she saw me come to her classroom door.  Her face was priceless and I realize that I should do this more often for all my kids!  Thanks for the fun date Bryn.  I love you!



2 comments:

rachel said...

She is soooo ADORABLE! What a great idea. I love the P-P jar...that is awesome. I need to remember this same thing. Sometimes the smallest things mean so much to our kids. I have a feeling this is something she will always remember!!

I miss you guys, TONS! So glad to see how much fun you're having.

Rebecca E. said...

I just love reading your blog! You have so many great ideas to do with the kids... so i'm copying you!:) Love the birthday surprise too, I'm sure the kids loved doing it just has much as the teacher did.
Oh and Oolagah... hahaha, that one cracked me up!