Tuesday, June 25, 2013

I turned 40... and went to a funeral!


So for my 40th Birthday we headed down to St.George for my cousin Brian's funeral. He was fighting severe depression and couldn't handle this life any longer and chose to take his life.  It was a very sad situation.  He had served a mission and was trying to go to school and was living with my Aunt Colette at the time.  So I knew that I couldn't miss this and so we hurried and packed and went down for a quick trip.  My sweet Sister in law offered for us to stay with them and look what she had for me when we got there...  decorations and root beer floats:)  


Thank you Jac for making my birthday extra special!
Love you


This is Colettes children and their families.
My cousins: Amber and Jason


Driving home was a quiet trip:)



Shannon made me a cookie cake.  He was so thoughtful this whole month. 

I had a top 40 countdown with different titles of songs that were stories about me 
that he could remember.  Pretty impressive.



This was the best part of my entire birthday.  Shannon took the time to reach out to as many people as he could that he knew had influenced my life and asked them to send me a note for my birthday.  For those of you who read my blog and participated in this I sincerely say THANK YOU!  This was so neat to hear from my mission Presidents, old Bishops, converts, friends, and more friends...  Even Hillary Weeks!  This just goes to show what a lucky girl I am to have Shan as my Eternal Companion.
This was the sweetest thing ever!!!

1 comment:

Adams said...

I really am so sorry about your cousin.