Monday, May 7, 2012


So the night before the funeral service we had been to Women's Conference and so my sweet friend Alisa took Preston from Friday until Sunday and then my girls met me at Grandma and Grandpa's Nephi house.  Papa picked them up after school and brought them down with him.  That night Grandpa Hansen sat us all down and said he wanted us to sit around and visit.  He said each one of us would have to take a turn.  So some sang, some recited poems, some shared goals and then it came to grandpa.  He said that he had been to the DR. and that his kidneys are failing a bit and he needs to go back to his cancer DR. soon.  He said he wasn't worried and he doesn't want us to worry.  "He can take care of himself". He encouraged my girls to stay close to their family and to love one another. Him and Grandma strive to keep their family together.  He told them to never tell lies, they just get ya in trouble. He said you have to walk in someone else's shoes before you can criticize them. Thankful for his country and the freedoms we enjoy. He is glad he served his country. It was a sweet moment for my kids to "remember" and to "cherish".  I know that it is one that I will never forget.  I wrote it in my journal how thankful I was for my heritage and for grandparents who are still living.  It is a great BLESSING!


Speaking of BLESSINGS... This is another one of mine:) Miss Alisa was so sweet to offer to have Preston come be part of the "boys" for the weekend.  She even had to clean up Preston's Puke after gagging up his veggies:)  This kid refuses to eat anything healthy.  Although- I must say that last night he ate a tiny piece of spinach sandwiched in between two pieces of ham.  At least he is trying...
Preston had a great time.  He loves going to the house of all boys!  Thanks again Alisa!!!


Then we were off to the airport to pick up our daddy who had been gone on a business trip for 10 long days.  I love this picture of Brynlee's face. Can you tell that she has a "thing" for her daddy?  She truly loves her dad and has a real sweet bond with him.  I too have a "thing" for this guy.  I am so HAPPY he is home SAFE!





We then hurried home and made dinner for our Papa and surprised him with a little retirement party.  The kids made posters, we gave him a survival kit, and had a yummy dinner.
 It is always fun when grandparents come to town!
(Now that he is retired we hope to see them often)

1 comment:

Adams said...

Every since Preston left, every prayer Hyrum says has something to do with Preston. He sure does love him.