Monday, May 7, 2012

Aunt Jeanies funeral


My sweet grandma Hansen is on the far right.  Isn't she so pretty?  I love her so very much. I am so thankful for her in many ways.  I am so HAPPY to live near her.  This last weekend her youngest sister passed away from cancer.  Aunt Jeanie was so special to me because I knew her and her kids the best. They lived near us.  They also were very musical and they sang at my mission homecoming as well as my wedding. In fact the song "Gentle" by Michael Mclain is one that became very special to me while serving my mission.  I asked my Aunt Jeanie if her and her girls would sing it at my homecoming, which they did with no hesitiation.  Well little did I know that Aunt Jeanie would have that sung by her daughters at her funeral.  That was a sweet moment for me personally.  
My grandma comes from a family of 7 sisters and 1 brother.  It went Mable, Dott, Sarah, Wilma, Rachel, Margaret, and Jeanie. In this photo above is all the sisters still alive and ticking. 
Whether they want to be or not:)
Sarah 94 Wilma 91 Rachel 89 and Grandma 86.
They are all so precious!



Aunt Wilma has not lost her sense of humor, that is for sure!



I LOVE this picture of my brother with Grandpa Hansen.  Our Grandpa is always up to tell us a good/naughty joke, give us advice, or tell us a good story!  He will soon be 89.



My two favorite women who have taught me everything I know:)



This is the home of the Davenport family. It is still standing and being lived in today. My Grandma Hansen grew up with her parents and 9 children in this home in the town of Paragonah, Utah.
Wow- how times have changed!

1 comment:

Grandma Carla said...

What sweet memories to hold you over until you meet again! Thanks so much for posting something so special.