Monday, May 7, 2012

15 YEARS OF FUN!


I sure love my momma.  I am so thankful for her gift of listening to the spirit and then acting upon it.
Mom started this tradition 15 years ago when the Holy Ghost prompted her to start this as a tradition with her daughter, step daughter, and daughter in laws in hopes that we would feel stregnthened and develop stronger friendships in the process. Even though we haven't always been "all" together every year, we have never missed a year.   I hope she can see that it is a success and that this is a lasting legacy.   I look forward to the day that my daughters will join us and then my grandaughters, etc...




I think Jaclyn knew I was up to something. Just look at her face!  Cracks me up!!!




Granny Joy is almost 65 and so she is a little slower than the rest of us this year...




The rain storm came and it felt like we were back in Oklahoma.  
I decided I could have never been a pioneer!  I am thankful for the things that I learned this year. I learned that I need to set goals and stick to them.  The time is NOW!  I also learned that I need to practice more patience. This was a real eye opener for me.  I need to be patient with myself, with my Father in Heaven, and with my children.  I need to slow down and spend time with my Father in
Heaven and be humble, teachable, and relaxed so I can learn what I must do.  This is hard for me.  Most of you who know me know that I am usually trying to keep up on my home, my kids and my dinner for the night. Then adding in the after school activities especially as they are getting more things they are interested in is making me cRaZy! So trying to fit time in there for me or the Lord is tough because I procrastinate until the day is almost over or over.  So I have made a new commitment to myself and to Him who I love that I will check in daily. I will relax, slow down and take time so I can learn what I must do.  
"Teach me all that I must do to live with thee some day"!  




1 comment:

The Bass Family Pond said...

Gee! I've missed quite a few posts, Im going to comment on this post because it's my fav. but about the last four. Im with you, I like what you said about slowing down and taking time to check in with our Heavenly Father, we check in with our families each day to know what to do So why don't we do that with him. ")
The Sweetest pics from the 2 post after this and the one before are just so precious, I loved Sofie and her Great Grandpa, Brynlee looking admiringly at her daddy, Your sweet Grandma and Great Aunts, So Sweet! Your Great Aunt Wilma~I see where you get your funny Picture poses from ") 94,91,89,86 Wow! Amazing I love the one of you and your Mom at the beginning of this post. I hope she reads this cuz I hear from you how much she means to you and I see the great love you have for her and your family. Just Love the Whole Family thing Great posts, what a keepsake this journal will be. What a legacy indeed and it continues on...