Saturday, July 23, 2011

Day 2 in Nauvoo


Brynlee is so proud of her Mormon Chick T-shirt. She is one cute little Mormon chick if you ask me:)


Early Saturday morning we lined up for the Trail of Hope. This is a very spiritual experience as we lined up on Parleys Street to walk to the riverbank of the Mississippi. We listened to stories of those who walked this road in the 1840's as they left their homes and headed west.


Love this photo of grams and gramps! So fun to spend this time with them...







Daddy and daughter walking hand in hand. I loved walking behind them as I reflected on our sweet family and what it would be like if we had to sacrifice our homes, family belongings, etc... and then I reflected on where our life has taken us over the past 15 years. We have had trials, we have made sacrifices and had to exercise our faith but nothing that has been too hard. I am so thankful for a faithful husband and for his wisdom and desire to begin this tradition with our children. I hope that they will remember these feelings as you can't help but feel it. 
It is AMAZING! 

It is said from an actor who represents Parley P Pratt 
"When you're here, we're here."


Overlooking the Mississippi... Imagine crossing this in the winter...



This was the first time that we got to actually do a session at the Nauvoo Temple. Because our friends the Roberts were there, we got to send Brynlee with them and go with my parents. It was a highlight of the trip for me. For it was in this Temple that I recieved a personal witness that through these ordinances we recieve the greatest blessings available through the Atonement of Jesus Christ.  
Temples are literally the hosues of the Lord.

I left very humble and thankful for this Tender Mercy. I knew that Father in Heaven knew that I needed this experience. I will always remember that moment and the feelings that I felt from the Holy Ghost.


We took in some of the homes where they would tell stories about people who lived in Nauvoo during the 1840's. This was the home of the shoemaker. She learned how shoes were made.



Brynlee LOVED this performance of High Hopes and Riverboats. She was all smiles the entire performance. This guy in the middle was from Arizona and knew our neighbors the Conways. He grew up with some of their boys. So fun! Grandma was asleep during this one but she woke up for the last performance of the night. Rendezvous in Old Nauvoo. A musical comedy about all the "Old Farts" in Old Nauvoo.  

1 comment:

The Bass Family Pond said...

Great Pics for Brynlee's Memory book! Love the one where she is in front of the temple and the Three of You in front of the Mississippi...Those two should be framed for Bryn ")