Saturday, July 23, 2011

The BIG Surprise!!!

So we ate breakfast and then got on the road so that we could head back to Springfield Mo. where we would meet up with the kids. During our time in Nauvoo my good friend Rose and her son Max helped with the 4 other kiddos.  The kids knew that we were going to meet up with them but what they didn't know was that their Grandma & PaPa would be there also. So Rose and Max timed it just right. Shannon and I had just got back from taking the car back to the airport and so when we got to the room (It was a suite with two rooms and then a roll out couch bed) Granny and Gramps were in a room with the door closed on the bed.  Of course as the kids went to check out all the rooms this is what they found...


Morgan just started CRYING!!!



Preston was sooooo HAPPY!


Sofie was a little taken back because of PaPa's mustache. She thought he was Santa and she is very scared of Santa and asks us everyday if Santa is coming. It was too funny to watch her have to warm up to her PaPa. But it didn't take her too long:)


I  absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE this picture of Morgy and her PaPa!!! 
She has been so lonesome for family lately and so she was so emotional. Everytime I look at this photo I too get tears. Oh how we miss our family!


Miss Syd was over JOYED as she hid her face for this photo shot. She too had a face of tears...


Love this picture. Brynlee was so sweet as she held onto her Sofie girl. She really missed her!!!



Mom and Rosie talking on the bed. I couldn't ask for a better friend. What a blessing she is to our family.  She was so worried that my mom might be offended as the kids have adopted her as Grandma Rose. Little did she know that my mom was so touched to see how much the kids loved her and in return the love she shows to them. Blood is blood and of course nothing can replace Grandma Joy. But truly a blessing to have others who can fill in the gaps when it is needed. For that I will always be so grateful! I know that Father in Heaven knows us and he knew I would need a friend, a sister, and one with alot of PATIENCE:)

1 comment:

The Bass Family Pond said...

Oh Tricia~Your Posts of your trip to Nauvoo with Brynlee are sooo sweet. Families are what matters most...The sentiments are the same, I couldn't ask for better adopted grand kids, sister, mom and can't leave out my adopted Brother In-law ")A good man indeed. How humbled I am by your family including your Mom,she is truly a joy to get to know. Love the Great Joy Preston is showing, the love Morgan has for family, Syds expressions of gladness that her grandparents are there, and little Sofie, There's NO ONE quiet like Sofie. I Love You Most ") Great Blog Missy, a Great Journal for you heritage.