Thursday, April 7, 2011

ME THINKS

Been thinking about thinking...  It is amazing to me the power of our thoughts. I think that sometimes thinking can really get me into trouble. I call these moments of negative thinking "False Beliefs." Like this morning when my husband kissed me good bye and drove off and I didn't really acknowledge his kind gesture.  He always does each morning and every night. I think at times I take it for granted. So anyways as he drove away I start to think... does He really know how much I love him?... I wonder if he sometimes wishes I was better at this that and the other... Is he as happy as I am?...  Then that makes me think about the kids... You see it all begins the ME THINKS...  Did I make Morgan feel bad because I was getting on to her about cleaning her room?... How could I have worded myself differently?...  Why didn't I tell Sydney that I was proud of her for getting dressed and ready and being cheerful?...  Then I think about my calling... Will Sister Bullen forgive me for not going over and visiting her and getting her visiting teaching route to her?... It has only been a month ago that I told her I would get over to see her?... I need to call Sister Sharp who was sick a couple weeks ago and I still haven't called her to check up with her again...  You see after all these thoughts I begin to feel a very heavy heart. So I then turned to opening my scriptures as Sofie climbed on my lap demanding popcorn at 8:30 am. I tried to keep her happy with a little Minnie Mouse on TV while I tried to find peace in all my ME THINKS... I read something "For he that dillegently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost." I then felt peace. I know that if I have Faith in the Savior and SEEK HIM then He will help me to make my wrongs right and to give me stregnth to overcome those thoughts. So in this process I called my sweet hubby and had a nice heart to heart on the phone. I put Sister Bullens VT Route in an envelope and placed it in the car so I won't go one more day. I called Sister Sharp and as for my kids I know I can make sure to express my feelings to them when they get off the bus today.  I love my Father in Heaven. I can be strong through Him. If I don't rely on His atoning sacrafice then why did He have to suffer like He did?  Just felt like expressing this today. I don't know why other than for me.

4 comments:

rachel said...

I love this Tricia. I miss you!! I can hear your voice in my head when I read your words. You are AMAZING!! There's my thoughts and my thinking! :)))

Grandma Carla said...

You will do well because "You Think". I had an institute director tell me once that it is when we feel "we have reached" a certain point, we need to start worrying about where we are going. You are a great woman, great inspiration, and great example. Thanks.

The Bass Family Pond said...

I Love You So Much, Your thoughts are sweet and it just goes to show of your compassion and humble attitude for others and I agree with Grandma Carla. I am grateful to know you My Friend. A True Disciple of Christ you are. You taught me that through Christs atoning sacrifice,and faith in him that we all can come through our thoughts, heavy hearts and everyday challenges, no ones perfect, we all have these kind of days Right? "). One day you will be well known by many and I will be saying to my childrens, children I know Tricia Wilson, she is my friend and in the words of Grandma Carla, "A great woman, great inspiration, and great example. I THINK....") No, I Know. Really!

Randall Bunch said...

My Dear Tricia-
I love you! You make life so real! We all have these struggles and I to have times when I worry about how I am making others around me feel. I think this is a great "MOM" or "WOMEN" trait that the Lord gave us. But I to believe if we seek through him, he will show us the way. Life is good and it is so short. We need to keep our chin up high and keep smiling. Telling those around us how much we love them. And serve, serve, serve! I love you, my sister! I really do consider you my sister and my eternal friend. You have helped me through my life in ways you will never know. I miss you so much! I am going to call you in the morning so we can chat! Love ya Becky