Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Happy Easter...










We had a nice time decorating our Easter Eggs.  Sofie was so excited to "paint".  Preston really liked using the blow dryer and Morgan Syd and Bryn felt picked on when they only got "two" eggs. They couldn't wait for the Easter Bunny to come. Except for Sofie. She is afraid of the bunny coming in her house. She said she doesn't need lip gloss because she already has some:)







Easter Sunday was nice as we woke up very early due to the excitement of the Easter Bunny. The kids had clues that led them to their baskets and then a scavenger hunt for a few extra surprises. They were so good to get ready for church. No complaining and very good to keep their treats home:)  They sang in sacrament meeting and it was so sweet. They sang the primary song "I know that my savior loves me". My heart was full as they sang. I am so thankful for my Savior Jesus Christ. His life and His Atonement and the knowledge that He lives.  I know He lives and I know He loves each one of His children. I am so thankful for my husband and my children and to know that we can be together forever.  We came home and had a nice dinner with the missionaries and our friends Sherry and Chelsea.  So fun to have them here for the day. We played this game called Resurrection Eggs. It takes you through the story of Jesus with scriptures and little things in each egg portraying to the story. It ends with an empty egg to represent the Resurrection.  It was very fun for the kids as they would try and guess what was in each colored egg.  A big thank you to my friend Alisa for letting us borrow this.  
It was a great way to finish off such a special day.

2 comments:

The Bass Family Pond said...

What a wonderful Easter Sunday you had. Your heart should be full, Your kiddos are adorable, all's they had to do was stand up there and look the way they did to make me smile. "Dang Cute" The song they sang was absolutely beautiful, they did such a nice job. They were all so cute, loved it that Sofie couldn't see over the pulpit so she moved down where she could see and we could see her, then her smile just melts your heart. Each had such a twinkle in their eyes and their sweet smiles and voices brought tears to my eyes. Great to know Our Savior Lives. Nice Blog Missy ")

Adams said...

The Bishops were with us when we did the Resurrection Eggs and that Ashlyn is one smart little girl....she knew what every one of them represented.....even the die!