Wednesday, February 16, 2011

My baby is 3 today

I woke up in the night thinking about my baby girl.  My heart was full as I reflected on my Sofie who turned 3 today. She is so much fun and a JOY to all of us. As we all know with each child you think, "I can't imagine what life would be like if he or she wasn't in our family".  With Sofie I really thought I was done having children until one morning while straightening up my girls bedroom and opening up their blinds to let some sun shine in, the thought came into my head and I heard and felt this little girl saying, "When are you going to let me come". My heart started to pound and my eyes swelled with tears and I knew that this little spirit was talking to me and letting me know that she wanted to come to our family.  It was a very spiritual experience and whenever I think about it I still get goose bumps and it brings tears to my eyes. As many of you know she has been birth control for Shan and I.  She is a handful... If I could write a book it would be titled "Where is Sofie"? We are always hunting her down to see what kind of mess she is in.  The other day she brought her bike in from the garage and she had it in the bathroom using it for a stool and playing in the sink.  She also says some pretty funny things. This past Sunday as we were getting ready to head out the door for church she had her baby in her arms and all of a sudden she threw her to the floor and said, "I don't like you. Your rude"! It was too funny. She truly has completed our family. I am so thankful that her little spirit spoke to me almost 4 years ago and that we listened and obeyed. What would life be like without this sweet Sofie?

1 comment:

The Bass Family Pond said...

What a wonderful story of Sofie and how she spoke to your heart to come be with you and your fam. Sweet!