Friday, December 3, 2010

Out "Surprise Trip" on Thanksgiving morning...





 We loaded the kids in the car early Thanksgiving morning and told them we were going to do something different this year.  The kids were very curious and asking all sorts of questions.  They kept asking for clues.  When the suitcase came out to the car they were sure we were headed to Utah.  Oh how I wish we could have told them yes to that one.  I think my sweet husband planned this little vacation more for me than the kids.  He knows how hard it is for me to be away from my family. Especially during the Holidays.  He is a wise man:)  I was feeling like this wasn't the "typical" Thanksgiving I am used too but at the same time I was so Thankful for Shan and for him wanting to go and do something fun.  So as we were driving to our destination we hit a snow storm.  I always get nervous in bad weather. I think it is because I lived in Las Vegas and Southern Utah and then much of our married life in Arizona so snow is not something I enjoy.  I don't like to be cold and so I know this is going to be all new to me out here in Okie land.









 Macaroni and cheese for Sofie


Buffet for Syd


Spaghetti for Bryn



Shrimp platter for Morgan and Buffet for Dad


This popsicle stick had 3 plates of the Thanksgiving Buffet...
He informed me that this would be his last time eating Thanksgiving out. 
 He will not let me off the hook next year. 
 I must admit it wasn't the best, but it sure was nice not to have to worry about the mess!
 We had a great trip.  We stayed two nights and the kids enjoyed swimming, shopping, and Krispy Kreme donuts.  It was nice to be with the ones I love most. 
 Thanks again Shan for all you do for our little family.  
I love you!

1 comment:

Adams said...

Morgan is my seafood girl!