Monday, December 20, 2010

An Eternal Friendship




When we first moved to Grove we had been invited to the Branch for a breakfast.  This is where I met Sherry and her family. She was so sweet and we just started talking to one another.  It was almost like we had known one another before.  It was so easy to talk to her. As she shared some of her story we both got tears in our eyes and I knew that this was a very special lady.  She loves the Lord and has such a good heart and is a very good mom who has had to do it much of the time on her own.  She encourages me to be a better person.  Her oldest Son Nathan joined the church through his wife and they live in Idaho.  This is how Sherry learned about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  She saw the happiness and the wonderful ways that her son was being blessed by his church and it gave her a desire to learn more.  After that morning breakfast she began coming to church often.  My children grew to love Sherry and her kids.  Our Sofie is very attached to Gamma Sherry. It is a blessing to us as our family is far away and a blessing to Sherry as she misses her grand children. Nathan was able to come and baptise his mother. The spirit was so strong and what a great man her son is.  I can see what Sherry must have felt from him because he radiates a light and a goodness.  Her daughter in law couldn't make it but I say thank you to her and her family for their prayers and their desire to share the Gospel to others. It was very special to share in this with an eternal friend. I will treasure this day always!    

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember you telling me about this special lady, Tricia! This is AWESOME!!


This is Rachel B by the way. I don't think I've signed into blogger yet :)

The Bass Family Pond said...

A very touching story and to know both of you, it makes it even more touching, For you both are very special indeed. Am very happy for Sherry and her decision to be baptized. And you missy, Have a heart of compassion for you have touched many.

Amanda said...

You are SUCH an inspiration to me!! You have inspired me so much to become a better person and to serve!! Thanks for letting us come hang out today!