Tuesday, April 17, 2012

If all the Snowflakes were lemon drops and gum drops...








I don't think these photos capture how BIG these snowflakes were.  As you see the faces of these kids you would think they tasted like lemon drops and gum drops.  It was absolutely beautiful, exciting and amazing!!!  I love how our home faces the mountains.  I love the change in seasons because I feel that it gives me a new season.  A time of reflection.  Each season brings a desire to set some personal goals.  Maybe a time of growth for me personally.  Been doing some self evaluation.  As a mother I see those areas where I need to be a better listener. Especially with five kids all talking and needing my attention.  I tend to tune out and then they feel I do not care.  Makes complete sense as to why they would feel this way. It is good for me to recognize my weaknesses and also a little painful.  I guess because I think of the atoning sacrifice of a loving Savior and all He did for me and the pain that He felt.  I recognize that I cause Him sadness at my moments of weakness.  Yet I also know He loves me, believes in me, and will never leave me on my own as I strive to bloom where I am planted.  Just as I would do as a mother to my children. I want the very best for them I want to nurture them and watch them grow.  I see the beauty in each one of them and the potential they have.  I love to see them shine with confidence of knowing who they are and where they come from.  I am learning to enjoy each season of life as it brings new colors, dark days and bright days. It truly is what we make of it.  Life would be pretty boring if each day was the same. 
I am doing my best to see the BEAUTY in each day!


1 comment:

The Bass Family Pond said...

How did I miss this post...I Love You So Much!!! You are growing each and every day, I believe our weaknesses are there to help us grow. If we didn't have weaknesses how could we learn, how would we progress and how would we be able to teach our children. When we recognize as you do, those weaknesses and act upon the promptings of the spirit, well we then are growing. We make those changes and we do better. My Momma taught me that ") You're such a great momma and when you listen to the spirit you know what to do. Your kiddo's are so blessed to have you as their Mother. It's all a learning process Right? It won't be easy but,It will all be Worth It! Sure Love You My Friend.