Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Some Bunny Loves Rosie... Dearly!


So my Best Oklahoma friend came out for a visit and we surprised the kids!  I am going to try and have Morgan help me get it on my blog because it is priceless.  We told Sofie that we were going to the airport to pick up one of Grandma Joys friends.  She was a little confused as to why she had to hold up a sign and put bunny ears on for someone she didn't know.  You could tell she was a little nervous.  Until she saw Rosie:)  It was too sweet as we walked out of the airport and Sofie was holding Rosies hand.  She looked up at her Grandma Joy and said "she is not your friend she is MY best friend".  It was so funny!!!   As you can see I am wearing a wig. This has a story behind it as it was the start of a sweet friendship between Rosie and I.  So I just had to wear it in honor of her...
So then we hurried home so we could surprise Morgan. She had just got home from school and so my mom and I came in and were visiting with her in the kitchen when Rose knocked on the back door.  When Morgan looked over at the door Morgan just screamed with excitement and then broke into tears of JOY!  Then we plotted the next plan to surprise the other kids when they got home.  Rose and Sofie went downstairs and were going to come up, but the kids ended up having friends come over after school and they just quickly headed down the stairs so it was perfect!  They were all so happy!!! Syd cried and the others jumped up and down as they heard that she was having a sleep over.   They were also asking for Max and were so sad that he wasn't part of the surprise.  He truly is like a big brother to the kids.  These guys were our family for two years and we love them DEARLY!!!


The next day I had planned to go to birthday lunch with my Best Oklahoma and Utah friend Alicia.  It worked out so perfect.  She of course, was on time and me of course, was running late.  So she got us a seat.  I loved it because she asked me on the phone if we needed seats for 3 adults and 2 kids and I just smiled because little did she know I had a Big surprise!  After we sat down and started chatting our friend Rosie came up and just got her...  Alicia just sweetly broke into tears.  Rose had a great influence on Alicia growing up and they share many fun times together. This is just one more of those fun times for them:)  It was such a beautiful day as we ate and shopped at Gardner Village.  

4 comments:

Adams said...

So looking forward to Saturday to add to this wonderful month!

Grandma Carla said...

You make every experience so memorable! I love that you journal your fun times with pictures! What a great Mom, friend, and woman you are!!

Rebecca E. said...

That was such a great post! But I had to laugh, because when I first saw the first picture with you in the wig, I seriously didn't think it was a wig and my thought was "Oh no please Tricia don't tell me this is how your wearing your hair now that your in Utah!" Ha ha it really looked like you just curled and poofed your hair. So funny, love that wig!

The Bass Family Pond said...

What a wonderful spring break I have had. All the surprises, smiles, and love I have felt from family and friends. The airport will be a memorable moment for me as I saw my friends with bunny ears on and a wig in honor of me :) It was a sweet reunion as I hugged my sweet friend Tricia, who really taught me so much!Such an influence in my life. I love you so....