Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Oakie Reunion=A HOUSE FULL OF FUN!


So this past weekend we had planned to have all our Oakie friends reunite as we have all, well "the smart ones"  moved out West:)  The Bishop family drove down from Idaho.  The kids were so excited for them to get here. They could hardly stand it!  to be honest I was starting to get a little fit to be tied, as my mother or grandmother would say.  So they had not even been here for 15 minutes when Ashlyn came running up the stairs to show her mom and dad her 2 teeth that were missing. So guess who the dentist was that pulled them???



Yes- our Sydney!  She is the BEST at pulling teeth at our house.  I had just been telling them to watch out because Syd will want to play dentist.  Little did we know that she would actually master pulling two teeth and with NO tears!!!  Sydney absolutely LOVES this little girl and her family.  She was so cute the whole night with her.  She got her all dressed up for the gymnastics meet that night and they were like little twins. Glued at the hip...


Soon after they were here we heard a horn honking and we all went out to welcome the Adams who came from just across the Valley.  They live only 20 minutes from us and we are so happy they are close... Especially Morgan.  She loves Alicia and her boys:)  As we were waiting for the Emro's and Rosie to arrive from Idaho we went ahead and ordered some good old...  Little Ceasars!!!  
Gotta love a cheap meal... and EASY when you have a house full of FUN!


So as we kiss our hubbies goodbye. We send them to a indoor play place with the little one's and hop in our cars to head down to the gymnastics Pac 12 Conference. As we are parking, I notice that there are not very many cars and that it just doesn't seem right.  We start to venture towards the Huntsman Center and I start to second guess myself.  I knew I had too of messed up on the dates.  Just then a lady rolls down her window and asks if we were coming for the Gymnastis meet.  We tell her yes and she informs us that it is tomorrow... I guess that we weren't the only ones.  I felt TERRIBLE!  So none the less we partied anyway.  We went to the Gateway for some great laughs, good chocolate and carmaled apples, and some LONG walks back to our cars... It truly was so FUN to be together and to LAUGH!  


The Emro's spent the weekend with us and it was so fun to have them stick around.  Even though they had sick kids:(  Becky has a very sweet husband who took care of the sick ones while us girls went on a little shop and lunch.  Nothing better than slurping on a chocolate shake with momma...


This picture is too FUNNY!  We got home after going out for the day and then realized that we needed to run back to the store for a few things for dinner that night. Morgan had asked me if she could go and I told her no because she had been with us all morning and that the other kids would all want to go. Rose jumped in the car with me and off we went.  the trunk light was open and so I pulled over and quickly shut it and then we drove off to Target.  Just as we were entering the store Rose got a text on her phone and she said in an alarming voice- "Oh my gosh- Morgan just texted me and it says don't leave me in the trunk".  I then realized what that little stink had done.  Sure enough we go open the trunk and there she was!  Oh she sure thought she was funny. Honestly- so did I:)  She is one smart girl!!! 
 Got me this time Morgan Lee...




That night we had spaghetti dinner and then hurried down to the Huntsman Center for the Pac 12 Gymnastics.  I felt so bad that it was only Rose, Becky, me and my kiddos who ended up going.  Amanda Bishop texted to say that her little girl was also sick and so they wouldn't be coming.  


After we got down there and it was so exciting I called Shan and had him bring down Sofie girl.  I was so glad he did.  It was too FUN to miss!  Utah placed 2nd and it was a very close meet.  We had such great seats for only paying $5.00 and I can't wait for next season:)



Adding some hair growth to daddies hair:)


The weekend ended with Sunday dinner and a Chocolate fight with frosting from a sheet cake I was making...  Look at the mess they made on themselves!!! 
 Rosie always brings some CRAZY FUN to the Wilson's home...

3 comments:

Adams said...

I really think I had more fun just goofing off with you than if I would have been with you at the meet. I wouldn't change a thing!

Amanda said...

Already wanting to plan another trip down! SO MUCH FUN!! SERIOUSLY! Bummed that my kiddos got sick. They've all been so nice and shared with each other too :). I agree with Alisa, just being TOGETHER is darn good FUN!!!! LOVE YOU

The Bass Family Pond said...

Had sooo much fun with you, my Becky, her fam. and the Ole' Okie fam. Thanks for putting it all together. You're such a great friend to us all. I so enjoyed my visit it you and your fam. You all mean so much to me. Whenever I come to your home I always go home wanting to be a better person and feeling so loved. You have that effect on people. Just Sayin' ") Sure love you and I sure do miss you around here in Oakie land.