Sunday, March 13, 2011

A Special Day for a Special Girl...






Bryn's Baptism was so special. She was so nervous about going under the water. She didn't want to have to do it twice:) On the way there she said a sweet prayer in the car. I love when this girl prays. She is always so humble and thankful. She is a good example to me.  She looked so beautiful all in white. I always love the photos of daddies with their children all in white. How thankful I am for Shannon and his great example to his daughters and son. It is a little tradition of his to leave a little note in the bathroom for the kids to get when they discover it. Well, Bryn did not see it hanging on the bathroom mirror until she was changing her wet clothes. She was all smiles as she read her note from daddy. After she was able to get warm from the COLD water in the font she said. "It is so amazing but I do feel really good mom."  Grandma and Papa spoke on Baptism and the Holy Ghost. Then April Moore sang one of my favorite songs about a little girl and her three white dresses. Blessing, baptism, and then Temple dress. It was a tear jerker and Bryn just started to cry. Then Morgan began to cry and then I was a mess. I love my daughters and I hope and pray that they will remember the covenants they are making and live their lives close to the Holy Ghost so that they can receive all the wonderful blessings that their Father in Heaven has in store for them. The closing song was so special as Brother Heath played the piano and my adopted daughter Chelsea played the flute while we sang "I am a child of God." We missed all of you who could not be there,  but we know they were there in spirit. Thank you to all who sent gifts. Bryn loved all the fun surprises in the mail. It was a very sweet day... for a very sweet girl... 
We love you Brynlee!
Preston stole a rose from Bryns Bouquet and got down on one knee...
His "girlfriend" Ashee was not sure what to think of this...
She just ran to the arms of her mother:) Then she could smile...


We celebrated at La Casita and enjoyed some good Mexican food. Our kids don't get to go out much and Gram and Papa were so patient with our five little monkeys.

I hate good byes. They are so hard. We ate a nice breakfast before having to say good bye to Grandma Joy and Papa. It is never easy. In fact during church Morgan whispered in my ear. "I miss Grandma and Papa." It was short and sweet and we had to make the most of our time with them. 
Thank you for the memories!!!

3 comments:

Grandma Carla said...

WOW! What a great day! I love your family...congratulations to Brynlee!

The Bass Family Pond said...

What a special day indeed...Iam glad I was there to witness the wonderful spirit that was there. BRYNLEE WAS RADIANT! The baptism was beautiful, Tricia and Shannon you did a great job with the whole set up, Goodly parents indeed. I love all the pics,love the last picture of Grandma Joy and Sofie so sweet what a wonderful family you are, Im so glad to know you, I love you all. ")

Randall Bunch said...

Tricia-
Your kids are getting so big. I love all the pictures with your parents. Brynlee is so beautiful in her white dress. Brother Wilson on the other hand looks like he lost his hair :0) What happened? LOL! Thanks for sharing these memories with us.
Love
The Randall Family