Friday, March 18, 2011

I WILL ALWAYS HAVE SISTERS...

Twenty women gathered on Thursday, March 17, 1842 in the second-story meeting room over the Smith's Red Brick Store in Nauvoo, IL. Today we are approximately 6 million members in over 170 countries and territories. The Relief Society is often referred to by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and others as "one of the oldest and largest women's organizations in the world." I am so thankful to be apart of this sisterhood of Relief Society.  As many of you know we have moved around quite often in our married life. I do not regret any of our decisions because Shannon and I have always prayed together and relied on Father in Heaven and one another in all the important things that pertain to our home and our family. It isn't  easy to just get comfortable and then have another change. But through this experience one thing is the same. I ALWAYS HAVE SISTERS!  Last night a group of my "SISTERS" from church got together and shared our thoughts and feelings in our PJ's and talked about P-rayer and J-ournals. We then celebrated Sister Duffs 90th birthday. Sister Bishop is her Vistiting Teacher. (Sisters are assigned to go and visit other sisters in our Relief Society once a month and share a message, see if there is anything they need, and be their friend.)  Sister Bishop is a sweet young mother of 3 and you would wonder what would be her purpose in visiting this 90 year old granny:) Listening to Sister Bishop it brought tears to my eyes to see the love that was there. It doesn't matter our age. We still need one another and can learn so much from one another. We finished the night watching a clip from Marjorie Hinckley. She has passed away yet leaves such a legacy. She was such a delight and so down to earth. It was a good reminder last night to me that I can strive to be a better me and yet be happy where I am right now. I am "a work in progress" and always will but I know with the help of my SISTERS I will always feel encouraged, stregnthened and loved! I am so thankful that I was created female. I love being a wife and a mother. I love my husband and my children. How thankful I am that my daughters can be apart of this SISTERHOOD of Relief Society. 

1 comment:

The Bass Family Pond said...

What an AMAZING EXAMPLE of a TRUE SISTER and FRIEND you are to so many. Iam grateful to know you and to be a part of this great organization that creates friendships and eternal SISTERHOOD! I've learned so much from you, Oh it is WONDERFUL, WONDERFUL to ME What a wonderful night, Im sorry I missed it...I Love YOU SISTER ")