Thursday, January 10, 2013

Thanksgiving trip in Arizona


We were so excited to go to Arizona for our Thanksgiving break to see old friends and Shannon's Grandma Lewis who we haven't seen in close to 4 years.  Our friends were so nice to open their homes to our family.  Our first few days we spent with Jen and her family.  Preston was in heaven with some boys to play with...


I was in heaven to spend time with my friend Jen that made us feel right at home...


Sofie was in heaven stuffing her belly and playing like a mommy with her best friend Emery who is just 2 days older than her...


and Bryn was in heaven being a helper with the cutest little boy Easton!


We squeezed in a few hours to go to the movie with my friend Becky and her family on Thanksgiving morning before going over for the feast with Shans Grandma. It was so fun to see her and her family.


Shannon's sister and his parents drove up from Cedar City to spend the Holiday.



Love this picture of Grandma Lewis and our kids.  We have many memories with Grandma when the kids were little.  She couldn't believe how much they have grown up.


Our last couple of days we spent with my friend Sherena and her family.  It was so much fun to go tour this yummy chocolate factory, and get "free" samples. 


Then we went to see the new LDS Temple that is being built.


We got to listen to some very neat stories about the process and the plans.


These two girls were friends of Brynlee's and Bryn couldn't believe how TALL her friend Abby was.



We then went and visited the Barwick family and got to see the Newlyweds and Emily who was my built in babysitter while my kids were young.  Now Morgan is taller than her:)  It is CRAZY!
We enjoyed our trip and just wish we could have stopped in to see all those people who we so dearly love and miss.  We will cherish those years that we lived there and it felt so good to go back.
It made me count my blessings and I am so thankful during this holiday for my family and for the Lords hand in our lives.  I know that He answers our prayers and has given us guidance in all our decisions.

1 comment:

Adams said...

your A L I V E ! ! !